We just got news that Ron Howard has wrapped shooting on the Han Solo movie, and that it’s going to be titled Solo: A Star Wars Story.
- It’s a bit bland but if it hints at Han’s eventual role as an estranged, lone wolf then I think it works. Simple and elegant.
- The logo also evokes a vintage Star Wars feel, but has a slightly cartoonish angle to it, which maybe hints at a bit of the comedic tone the film may have.
- Bigger takeaway is May 25th. They seem very intent on this. I wouldn’t mind if they moved it to allow for a non-rushed post production but they’ve got 7+ months to get this done. That’s enough when you consider the major reshoots for Rogue One in August of 2016 still permitted the movie to drop in December.
- The biggest factor that fans likely don’t give a rip about probably has the biggest impact: Manufacturers are plowing ahead with production of toys and other products for this film. Food chains, and other retailers are building out their marketing programs which require fixed dates for planning. Once product is in production, and partners are crafting marketing plans, we pass the point of no return.
- I’d still like to see it moved to Xmas for selfish “new tradition” reasons, but it’s not going to happen.
What do you think of the title?
If you enjoy our blogs and podcasts, please consider signing up for our Powerful Friends Program! Join in with some other distinguished friends and help propel us in to the next era of podcasting! Get yourself some EXCLUSIVE podcasts, and cool monthly giveaways!
As always, send us our feedback on your social media network of choice! Visit the Star Wars Commonwealth, and follow Talk Star Wars, Generation X-Wing, Rogue Squadron, Skyhoppers podcast, The Nerd Room Podcast, and San Diego Sabers Radio Podcast!
Our Teepublic store is open! Grab a cool tee, mug or whatever else we put up there! All money earned will go back in to the show to help us improve in all aspects!